JUST A FEW MORE WEEKS OF SUMMER LEFT!!!!
We are still looking for some of you to return!! Where are you? We need you and we miss you too!!
Some of you have been missing out on what’s happening at Woodridge UMC (WUMC) because you haven’t gotten our emails and/or our Calling Post calls. Please remember that currently our main means of communication is being done electronically. This helps us share more detailed information and reach a wider audience in a more expeditious manner. And we are aware that many other entities are doing the same thing, making you feel inundated with email. Thus, we try to limit the number of emails you receive from us. Each email that comes to you from me and/or WUMC has a mandatory option for you to “unsubscribe”. However, when you choose this option, the system is designed such that you will no longer receive anything from WUMC! Please give careful consideration to selecting that option.
Also, our Calling Post calls are intended to be a “reminder” of what is happening on a particular Sunday. For some, it has served as your “Sunday morning wake-up” call. Whatever the case, please know that the Calling Post calls come only on Sunday morning around 9:00 a.m.. Your caller id will show that the calls originate from Oklahoma from (405) 308-4474. The rare exception to this call coming at a different time during the week was (and will be) due to inclement weather situations.
If you are planning to join us soon, we continue to be cautious, and ask your patience and cooperation. We are asking that while you are inside the Woodridge United Methodist Church building that you wear your mask and especially if you are singing!!! Remember, we WILL NOT ask for your “vaccination status/card” but ask that you please follow the guidelines below. Our mantra as a denomination and as a people is “do no harm” and we endeavor to make that our reality as well. Join us on Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m..
GUIDELINES FOR IN-PERSON WORSHIP GATHERINGS
Welcome back! It is so good to be back and worshipping in person again! We endeavor to always provide a safe environment for us to worship, work and fellowship together as the body of Christ.
- Please conduct a wellness check before your arrival. If you are not feeling well, please stay home.
- The Sunday morning worship service will continue to be recorded “live” for YouTube. In preparation for the service, there will be sound, voice and light checks.
- Masks/face coverings are required in the building.
- Please no food or drinks in the building.
- Socially distanced seating is available on the north side of the sanctuary.
Please don’t forget these reminders:
- If you are still more comfortable continuing to watch at home, not to worry!!!! We will continue to provide that opportunity on our YouTube channel indefinitely. Tune in on Sunday mornings at 10:00 a.m. and watch the livestream or go back and watch anytime. Whatever your choice, please join us.
- As United Methodists we observe our sacraments in “community” and not in isolation. That means we offer opportunities for baptism and/or communion when the community of faith gathers and participates. We have found deep significance and meaning in our “special and individual touches” included in our sacraments here at Woodridge UMC. Our desire is to maintain these intimate and personalized details. However, the pandemic has made it very difficult to do so.
- So, if you are interested in being in community and joining others for Holy Communion, we offer that opportunity via ZOOM on Sundays at noon. Please let me know by 6:00 p.m. on Saturday ( ). You will receive the liturgy and ZOOM link on Saturday evening.
- And yes, we have some children (with their families) awaiting baptism. We think we have figured out a way to accommodate the family so get ready. That will be in September.
Also, please continue to remember the victims of the tornado – our neighbors!!! Please support the efforts of the West Suburban Food Pantry (https://wscpantry.org) as well as check the Village of Woodridge website (https://www.woodridgeil.gov) regularly. We will partner with Prince of Peace Lutheran Church for a “Woodridge Neighbors Helping Neighbors” Event on Fridays, August 6 and 20 from 4 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Saturdays, August 7 and 21 from 9 a.m. until noon. If you are available to volunteer for any of the time during these 2 weekends, please contact the church office (630/968-6050 or ). Additional details are available in the E-News.
Blessings and peace,