WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES!!!
By now you have heard about the tornado that ripped through our community this past Sunday night wreaking havoc for many residents. We are continuing to find ways to address the concerns of our neighbors and will keep you posted on our plans in the coming weeks. The weather may have cleared but the damage to lives and property continues on. I encourage you to let us know if someone reaches out to you with a specific need and we will help with addressing it. Please remember to support the efforts of the West Suburban Food Pantry (https://wscpantry.org) as well as check the Village of Woodridge website (https://www.woodridgeil.gov) regularly for updates.
I also invite you to join us in worship on Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m.. There is no longer a need to register, but we do ask that you follow our “new and improved” guidelines.
GUIDELINES FOR IN-PERSON WORSHIP GATHERINGS
Welcome back! It is so good to be back and worshipping in person again! We endeavor to always provide a safe environment for us to worship, work and fellowship together as the body of Christ.
- Please conduct a wellness check before your arrival. If you are not feeling well, please stay home.
- The Sunday morning worship service will continue to be recorded “live” for YouTube. In preparation for the service, there will be sound, voice and light checks.
- Masks/face coverings are required in the building.
- Please no food or drinks in the building.
- Sanctuary seating is available in every other pew.
Remember, we WILL NOT ask for your “vaccination status/card” but ask that you please follow the guidelines above. Our mantra as a denomination and as a people is “do no harm” and we endeavor to make that our reality as well. Please consider joining us for worship.
Here are some important reminders for you. Please be sure to check your eNews on Friday for upcoming events.
- If you are still more comfortable continuing to watch at home, not to worry!!!! We will continue to provide that opportunity on our YouTube channel indefinitely. Tune in on Sunday mornings at 10:00 a.m. and watch the livestream or go back and watch anytime. Whatever your choice, please join us.
- As United Methodists we observe our sacraments in “community” and not in isolation. That means we offer opportunities for baptism and/or communion when the community of faith gathers and participates. We have found deep significance and meaning in our “special and individual touches” included in our sacraments here at Woodridge UMC. Our desire is to maintain these intimate and personalized details. However, the pandemic has made it very difficult to do so.
- So, if you are interested in being in community and joining others for Holy Communion, we offer that opportunity via ZOOM on Sundays at noon. Please let me know by 6:00 p.m. on Saturday ( ). You will receive the liturgy and ZOOM link on Saturday evening.
- And yes, we have some children (with their families) awaiting baptism. We need to spend a little more time figuring out all of the details regarding our limitations in person and the challenges of livestream and our policy with children appearing on our social media. Thus, we are looking to have a more definitive word about baptisms at a later date.
Come on back!!!! We are looking forward to seeing you very soon!
Blessings and peace,